Online Short-Seminar: Get Your Data Organized
Data organization refers to the method of classifying and organizing data sets to make them more useful. Once you create, gather, or start manipulating data and files, they can quickly become disorganized. To save time and prevent errors later on, you and your team should decide how you will structure and name files and folders. Organization is a key aspect of data management and will help keep the project on track.
This virtual session will review best practices for when it comes to organizing you research project, data, and files effectively.
- Understand why project organization is essential for data management
- Learn best practices for organizing folders and files
- Learn best practices for file naming and versioning
- Find out who to contact for assistance
Instructor: Julie Goldman, Research Data Services, Countway Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register below to receive the Zoom webinar instructions.
- Thursday, April 30, 2020
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Countway ONLINE