Online Short-Seminar: Naming Things Online
What's in a name? File naming, when done in a well-organized fashion, can contribute to project documentation, workflow organization, and sharing. Moreover, certain choices in file naming are essential to accessing and sharing files across a computing systems. Establishing naming conventions for your files and using them consistently will ensure maximum access to your data and records.
This virtual session will review how file naming conventions will save you time by keeping your work organized and understandable.
- Understand why naming conventions are essential for data management
- Learn best practices for file naming
- Design naming conventions for your project or group
- Find out who to contact for assistance
Instructor: Julie Goldman, Research Data Services, Countway Library, email@example.com
Please register below to receive the Zoom webinar instructions.
- Thursday, May 14, 2020
- 2:00pm - 2:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.