Online Short-Seminar: Tidy Data is Good Data Online
Turn messy data into tidy data! Much of your time will be spent in this ‘data wrangling’ stage. It’s not the most fun, but it’s necessary and food data organization is the foundation of data analysis. Learn the rules for a 'tidy dataset' in order to clean and prepare your data with examples and tools.
This virtual session will teach you how think about data organization and some practices for more effective data wrangling. As a note, we will not discuss analysis or visualization.
- Describe best practices for data entry and formatting in spreadsheets
- Recognize and resolve common spreadsheet formatting problems
- Apply best practices to transform messy data into tidy data
- Find additional training and get help
Instructor: Julie Goldman, Research Data Services, Countway Library, email@example.com
Please register below to receive the Zoom webinar instructions.
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- 3:00pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.