Online Short-Seminar: Publishing Data with Research Online
Scholars communicate their research in various ways. While peer-reviewed journal publications remain the primary outlet for sharing the key results of research projects, there are growing expectations that the underlying data from projects should also be published. Data management practices help researchers take care of their data throughout the entire research process from the planning phase to the end of a project when data might be published within a repository.
This webinar will look at strategies to effectively publish data and provide strategies for “curating” a dataset for formal sharing.
- Understand the overall role of repositories within the data sharing landscape
- Learn strategies for locating and assessing repositories
- Identify data curation practices and services
- Recognize the importance of associated metadata, documentation and/or code
Instructor: John Obrycki, PhD, Research Data Manager, Boston Children's Hospital
Please register below to receive the Zoom webinar instructions.
- Thursday, September 24, 2020
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.