Online Seminar: Get Your Data Tidy Online
Turn messy data into tidy data! Much of your time will be spent in this ‘data wrangling’ stage. It’s not the most fun, but it’s necessary and food data organization is the foundation of data analysis. Learn the rules for a 'tidy dataset' in order to clean and prepare your data with examples and tools.
This workshop will build on principles from the June Tidy Data is Good Data seminar, and explore how to turn messy data into tidy data using simple functions in R. Note: You do not have to have prior experience using R, but it is recommended.
- Understand what it means for data to be tidy
- Recognize and resolve common spreadsheet formatting problems
- Be able to use
tidyrto transform messy data into tidy data
Instructor: Julie Goldman, Research Data Services, Countway Library, email@example.com
Please register below to receive the Zoom webinar instructions. This webinar will be recorded.
- Thursday, October 8, 2020
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.