Online Seminar: Advanced OpenRefine Online
A part of the data workflow is preparing the data for analysis. Some of this involves data cleaning, where errors in the data are identified and corrected or formatting made consistent. This step must be taken with the same care and attention to reproducibility as the analysis.
OpenRefine (formerly Google Refine) is a powerful free and open source tool for working with messy data: cleaning it and transforming it from one format into another. Many people comment that this tool saves them literally months of work trying to make these edits by hand!
This seminar will build upon the June Data Cleaning with OpenRefine seminar and dive deeper into OpenRefine functions.
- Explore how OpenRefine can help with common data cleaning challenges
- Understand how OpenRefine can be used to standardize and clean data
- Use OpenRefine for reproducibility and consistency
Instructor: Julie Goldman, Research Data Services, Countway Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register below to receive the Zoom webinar instructions. This webinar will be recorded.
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.