Research Data Offboarding Online
Spring Clean your Data Seminar Series
When employees leave, they take their skills and institutional knowledge with them. It is important to record essential informative information related to projects and datasets to ensure the success of future users.
This session will review the important steps for offboarding employees/trainees from a lab or project. We will provide an overview of the various elements that should be addressed before closing out a project or someone leaves the institution.
Note: we will be focusing on the RDM Offboarding Checklist tailored for Harvard researchers. While the principles are general, we will focus on Harvard policies and resources.
- Become familiar with the research data lifecycle
- Understand the details and requirements at each stage of data management offboarding
- Engage with best practices to enhance your current and future research
- Receive resources and contacts for future help
Instructors: Julie Goldman, Research Data Services, Countway Library, email@example.com
Sarah Hauserman, Research Data Analyst, Research Computing
Meghan Kerr, Archivist and Records Manager, Center for the History of Medicine
Please register below to receive the Zoom webinar instructions. This webinar will be recorded.
- Thursday, April 29, 2021
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.